Boarding at Sunwater
Both our day and overnight boarding options provide your pet a home away from home. We focus on personalized, close attention to each and every pet and their individual needs throughout their stay.
Reservations are required for all boarding stays.
We offer daytime boarding for those pets who need a safe place for the day when they either can’t be left home alone or will be home too long without a potty break. Rates are the same as daycare rates.
Overnight stays at Sunwater Pet Resort will provide your pet with a structured yet warm and stress-free experience. Their daily routine will include regular potty breaks and stretch times, scheduled feedings and plenty of affection from our loving staff. Our goal is always to make your pet feel comfortable and relaxed while in our care.
Monday through Saturday boarding dogs can participate in our Boarding Daycare Program for either a full or half day for an additional charge. Boarding Daycare is different from our regular Daycare program as boarding dogs are grouped with other boarding dogs here at the time. It offers a much lower staff-to-dog ratio and very close supervision as the dogs do not know each other or us well.
To help you decide which type of boarding will be most comfortable for your pet, we encourage you to visit our facility and talk with our staff. We provide full facility tours by appointment.
While boarding at Sunwater, we recommend our clients provide their pets’ normal food to avoid any digestive issues, although we do have premium Premiere Diamond Plus cage-free natural chicken/rice dog food for an additional charge.
- Medications (except injections) can be administered for an extra charge.
We encourage you to pack all your dog’s favorite things including beds, toys, blankets, articles of clothing, and crates. Whatever they are used to at home we want to re-create in their home with us. The kennels are large and can accommodate most anything within reason,
Drop-off and Pick-up Times
- Drop-off on arrival day is 1:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.
- Pick-up on departure day is 9:00 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.
- Hours outside of our normal drop-off and pick-up time windows are always available for a small additional fee.
- Drop-off is 7 a.m.
- Pick up is 6:00 p.m.
The Suites offer private, enclosed rooms with natural light. A more private experience for the quieter dog who prefers to be alone or for two or more dogs from the same family. We do not recommend this option for dogs with any chronic stress or anxiety traits.
- Suites require a minimum two-day stay over a Friday or Saturday night.
- Fully dressed Kuranda bed
- Purple Pebble fleece mats
- Private television with either Dog TV or Pandora dog music
- Radiant heated floors and/or private air-conditioning
- Dedicated K9 grass potty area and private outside potty/exercise yard.
A traditional enclosure with chain link fencing, which provides a more social experience with other dogs in view and a more active environment.
- Dens offer a spacious 4′ x 10′ enclosure.
- Raised kennel decks and Kuranda elevated beds with Purple Pebble fleece mats.
Our small dog room consists of smaller kennel enclosures along the outside walls which all look into the common area. The common area provides indoor play or rocking chair time for our smaller dog friends. The room is well separated from the large dogs in the kennel providing a secure and safe feeling environment.